If your Piedmont rental property is quite older, you might be apprehensive about attracting quality tenants. This is especially true if you have newer rental homes in your local market. It can be challenging for an older home to compete against newer ones, usually if it needs fundamental updates. Thank heavens, there are multiple things that you can do to help your older rental home look more modern and maintain that strong appeal. As a matter of fact, with a little time and a bit of money, you can give your rental home a modern makeover that will not only help you attract tenants but may boost your property values, too. Kindly check our list of the best methods to make your older rental home look modern.
- Go Bright. The modern look and feel are all about light and space. To make your rental’s interiors more appealing, use light, neutral paint for walls and trim with bursts of bright color as accents. Never utilize too many colors at once – a solitary accent door or wall is typically all you’ll need.
- Open It Up. If your older rental home has a lot of walls dividing the main living areas, consider eliminating one or more of them. Modern home design is more open-concept, with big living areas that flow from space to space. For instance, simply removing a wall between the kitchen and dining room can make your rental feel more open and modern inside.
- Upgrade Cabinet Hardware and Faucets. In the kitchen, a fast upgrade that can help modernize the room is to replace cabinet hardware and the faucet. Clean, bright lines in your cabinet handles and faucets can have a major difference in the look and feel of the kitchen.
- Remove Popcorn Ceilings. If your rental property still has a popcorn ceiling remaining inside, this is the perfect time to get rid of it. Popcorn ceilings were fashionable at one time, but now they instantly date a rental home’s interior. Settle on a smooth neutral finish on your rental’s ceilings rather.
- Opt-Out of Carpet. Another effective strategy to modernize an older rental is to replace carpeted floors with hard surface flooring, like durable wood-look vinyl planks. Vinyl planks are less expensive than carpet and will probably last much longer than carpet, anyway. Apart from that, it will help your rental’s interior rooms feel more open and airy, which is the concept of modern design.
- Upgrade Outlets and Lights. Messy or old-fashioned electrical outlets and light fixtures can make your rental look unattractive. By simply replacing both with new, modern styles, you can enhance the contemporary look of any room.
- New Doors. Your rental doors are one more incredible choice for modernizing your property. Your rental’s front door, in particular, is an important part of your property’s curb appeal. Think about replacing an old or outdated door with something new and unique, particularly in a bright, complementary color. A beautiful door can add the welcoming touch your rental needs to continue to be competitive in today’s rental market.
- Smart Locks, Thermostat, and More. All things considered, today’s modern rental homes include a range of smart upgrades, such as smart locks, smart thermostats, and so on. These devices can be controlled from a smartphone and help boost the security and efficiency of any property. Your tenants will love the convenience and savings, and you will enjoy the boost in rental rates and property values you’ll definitely receive as a result.
Would you like to know more about fast and affordable ways to update your rental property? Give Real Property Management Pacific a call! Our Piedmont property management team helps rental property owners like you create and maintain profitable rental homes. Contact us online for more information.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.