If you have a home, you also have a junk drawer. This is where you dump all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s often a mess, and it’s frequently hard to find what you’re looking for. But did you ever think that your junk drawer could be an essential part of your life? If you keep the useful stuff in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. It looks like an easy choice, but you’d be astonished at how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight can be essential when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark area.
- Batteries. Batteries are essential for a variety of things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Keep a few extra batteries nearby, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool and can be utilized for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Get one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another multifunctional tool that can be utilized for numerous tasks, from gripping something too tiny to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always advisable to have a few on hand. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always essential.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Choose the little or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer orderly.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is necessary for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will prove to be handy.
- Scissors. Scissors are always useful, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Choose a small pair of scissors that you can easily be stored in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be used for multiple functions, from keeping cords well-ordered to bundling up newspapers. They’re also perfect for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, don’t forget the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! While numerous junk drawers are messy, it doesn’t need to be that way. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) can assist with keeping your junk drawer organized and your essential items simple to find. If your junk drawer is already a burden, here are a couple of techniques for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in only a couple of basic steps.
Since it has become so evident what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! But, if you feel that your current Emeryville home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, speak to Real Property Management Pacific. We provide quality rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your ideal lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.